The wood of Penfoulic reserves 30 hectares of undergrowth and large trees. An arm of the sea, like a mangrove, nestles along the meadow where Shetland ponies graze. This rich and varied site is the ideal place for a walk.
Map of the developed trail
Throughout your journey on the accessible path of the Bois de Penfoulic, you will be able to observe:
- The 2 starter yews : emblematic tree of the Celts, they seem to watch over the place.
- A plan of the Penfoulic site which allows the visually impaired to find their way around the place before starting the walk
- “The giraffe tree” and the squirrel lounge: the two favorite places of children. Settle down here and let yourself be won over by the tranquility. Along the breadcrumb trail, two bird bollards and a wink with a “giraffe” sculpture. In the morning and in spring, it's a real concert in the beeches and oaks. Our many sparrows, tits, finches, wrens and others are having a great time.
- The aqueduct, with fresh water from the Pen Al Len stream
- the 1er tull-karr with the two mercies. Sit down to watch the Shetland ponies.
- Path lined with silver fir trees that lead you to the upper woods (more difficult to access for people with reduced mobility)
- Along the 650 m, the embankment bordering the canal is Ariadne's thread for the blind. Another mercy towards the middle of the trail near a burrow and a fox sculpture
- the 2th tull-Karr and two other mercies
- The conservatory orchard of the 70 knife apple trees
- The other conservatory orchard and the 136 cider apple trees
- The Marsh House : site house of the Conservatoire du Littoral (open only in July August Closed during this summer 2020). Nearby, a Braille relief map allows the blind to find their way around the site and understand the discovery of the 650-metre walk. A sound terminal completes the information by explaining the route, as well as a map for the visually impaired from the start of the trail.
- The meadow grazed by Shetland ponies. You see furrows there, traces of ancient cultures
- The large saltwater pond (private)
- The famous sunken road, a work made by man in 1870
- The big dam of 1870 which was built for the creation of the large pond.
The accessible 650 meter walk is labeled “Tourism & Handicap” for 4 families.